Monday, October 31, 2011

Hang versus HAPI Drum

When I first heard the Hang Drum (pronounced Hong), I decided I desperately wanted one. Unfortunately, I found out they cost, on average, over $2,000.00 US, and they are notoriously hard to obtain, as the producers only accept individual requests by mail, typically require pickup of product (in Switzerland...), and are rather picky about who they make an instrument for.

But how can you not like this sound?:



Anyway, I recently stumbled upon the HAPI drum. It's much more reasonably priced, less pretentious, and freely available. And also not anywhere near the same tonal experience. Demonstration below:



Not necessarily disliking the HAPI. But I definitely like the Hang better.

So, definitely tempted by the HAPI. But man. I want a Hang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

As this is a professional and educational blog, I ask all comments be clean and 'G' rated. Any comments not meeting these criteria are subject to deletion.